Co-developing a frontline community member-led collaborative that creates and applies a racial equity framework, shifting power structures and enacting just solutions to climate change. For more information, please see the CJC Stakeholder Report Spring 2022 English Version / CJC Stakeholder Report Spring 2022 Version ESPANŌL.
While advances have been made in Boulder County to infuse equity measures into racial justice, climate action and just transition planning, there is still work to be done to center the voices and experiences of community members, in particular those who have been historically excluded, underserved and underrepresented. That work includes tracing the historical roots towards Native Americans and raising its level of knowledge and concern regarding the ongoing impacts of centuries colonization and forced assimilation of local Indigenous communities. The members of the Climate Justice Collaborative recognize a need to cultivate necessary relationships and trust in order to fully transform structures, repair past harms, and shift power and influence from local governments to frontline community-led groups.
Co-designed and co-led by members of the Climate Justice Collaborative including individuals who represent their neighborhoods, families and cultural groups; staff of local government departments; and the Philanthropiece Foundation team.
- Boulder County Office of Sustainability, Climate Action and Resilience (OSCAR)
- Boulder Food Rescue
- Boulder Housing Partners
- Brujula Comunitaria
- City of Boulder, Climate Initiatives
- City of Erie, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- City of Longmont Sustainability
- Community-Led Preparedness Training for Climate Emergencies
- Equitable Climate Action Team, City of Longmont
- Foundations for Leaders Organizing for Water and Sustainability (FLOWS)
- Louisville Climate Justice Coalition
- The Boulder County Climate Justice Hive
- Thorne Nature Kids
- University of Colorado Environmental Center
With additional financial contributions generously provided by: The Funders Network, Boulder County, City of Boulder, and City of Longmont.