Last weekend, our Youth Global Leadership crew gathered for their Annual Retreat with a focus on the theme “Who Am I: Exploring Identity in the Context of Community and Leadership.” The retreat participants included current YGLers, alumni of the program, YGL volunteers, and members of the Philanthropiece team. Throughout the weekend, the group experienced activities, workshops, and discussions that helped the to bond, continue to develop the program, build skills, and gain inspiration. Some highlights from this amazing weekend included:
- Vocal Empowerment Workshop with Maren Waldmen, of Moving Joy Studies, and MFA Candidate at the University of Colorado
- Discussion with Sarah Schnall, Immigration Advocate
- Lunch with Juan Juarez and team from Longmont Youth for Equality
- Service-learning project with Morning Flower Goat Farm
- Non-violent Communication Workshop with Betty Ball from Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center
- Breakfast with Hana Dansky, Founder and Director of Boulder Food Rescue
A resounding THANK YOU to all of the Youth Global Leaders for their amazing participation and to all of our guests for sharing your time, skill, and passion with us!